WatchGadget is a specialized utility which monitors and (optionally) logs file activity on Windows based machines.
It prime purpose is to allow the Administrator to watch, debug and audit activity on file servers.
WatchGadget can be run on both local and remote machines and can monitor individual files, directories or whole directory trees.
Some of the common uses include :
- Monitoring acitivity on a share, server or directory prior to decomission or restructuring.
- Ensuring a server is not being used prior to shutting down for planned maintenance.
- Ensuring users are following IT policies by watching for MP3's, EXE's and other banned file types
- Assists in tracking down performance problems on servers.
- Debugging database and application problems
|Last Update :
||Jan 10 2006
- Easy to use Windows interface
- The program can monitor single files, single directories or whole directory trees
- WatchGadget can monitor only those files which match a specific pattern - e.g. *.mp3
- WatchGadget can be run on either the Administrators workstation, or locally on the server. It can watch both the local machine and remote ones.
- Multiple Watches can be run simultaneously within a single WatchGadget session.
- Eight different acitivities can be monitored - anything from creating new files to accessing files to changing the security attributes on them.
- Output can be viewed on the screen, or logged to a CSV or tab delimited file.
- No special setup, dll's or OCX's are required - simply run WatchGadget.exe from any machine.
- A single copy of WatchGadget is US$25.
- A site license allowing unlimited users within your
organization is US$125
Internet/Credit Card Purchasers:
Select a link below to go directly to the registration company's ordering page
Purchase a Single License for WatchGadget
Purchase a Site License for WatchGadget
Orders can also be placed by phone or fax. See the
Registration Information page for further details.
See the Registration Information page for